background

Thursday, February 24

How Come You Don't Call Me?

Earlier this week I discovered that I do not get cell service in my office building. Giant bummer. Texts come in hours after they have been sent. Calls don't register until they've gone to voicemail. Words with friends barely registers. I've even lost connection to Pandora. It's all so troubling. Even though zero events in my own personal life require an immediate connection to those only reachable by phone, they've got a lot going on. So I sent out the following email:

Hello Family (and Friends)–
I’ve discovered that I don’t get cell service in the office building. So if you really need to reach me for matters relating to the following:
· Grandparent and other family drama
· Baby News
· Confirmation Hearing
· Deployment
· Big Breaks
· Teenage Wasteland
· Next Great American Novel or Short Story ideas

Or anything else you deem important enough to not be able to wait until my lunch hour or after work (or you just want to chat). Please call: xxx.xxx.xxxx

Keep in mind that I work in a small cubicle (some of you have been lucky enough to view it via webcam) so calling just to giggle is hilarious but unproductive.

Y’all rock.
TD


That's a lot of ground I have to cover for such a small inner circle! Interestingly enough - at least two of those events happened on that very day (not including the giggle inducing calls from LDL). Things that make you go hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment