background

Thursday, August 18

The Bells

I love talking to LDL on gchat on an almost daily basis. In fact, when I can't find her online - you know, cause she has other things going on besides sitting at her computer - I find myself in a bad mood with no outlet for my daily stories. She thinks I'm funny and I need that.

In the midst of all our moving, traveling, learning, and adventuring, we are also brainstorming on ways to make our mark in the world outside of our days jobs (mothering & engineering - LDL wins that battle). I, like twenty bazillion other people, would like to one day write a book. Not even a novel and definitely not The Next Great American Novel, but rather a small book of short stories or vignettes based on real-life.

Fast forward to the past couple of months, when my already lackluster hearing has taken a turn for the worst. It's not a funny situation to be in and I am sure there will be posts about the annoyances that occur from that later. But for now, the stories that happen to me because I can't hear much are pretty funny. The following is today's conversation with LDL.


 me:  well - one hilarious thing
do you know that I only have one bowl big enough for mixing?
 ldl:  i did not - seems you should get another bowl
 me:  so I mix dry ingredients in a ziplock and then slowly add them to the wet ones occupying my one bowl
 ldl:  hahahahaha
you should blog about that
 me:  and I use the same ziplock
 ldl:  though it surprises me, being the tree hugger you claim to be
 me:  I know. I have so many stories to tell
 ldl:  oh, that helps
 me:  me:  and I use the same ziplock
 ldl:  got it
i think it is ziploc btw
 me:  so. . . sometimes things have a little baking soda/powder/brown sugar etc and it's not supposed to
patatoe potato
here is what is REALLY hilarious
I was at jamba juice yesterday (after having spent an hour at the post office - but I did make the surly clerk laugh)
and I ordered a strawberry smoothie
the clerk behind the counter then asked me "can I have your number?"
I was SO taken a back
 ldl:  oh my gosh
 me:  aback? one word?
 ldl:  you thought he was asking for your phone number
WAS HE!?
 me:  and I said - "um. no."
 ldl:  no idea, get on with the story
 me:  and he said "well, what else can I get you?"
we are both very confused
turns out he actually said "does that complete your order"
 ldl:  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
how did that end up turning out????
i mean, its not funny that you can't hear - but that is stinking hilarious
taylor
 me:  he gave me a survey to fill out - I can win a "buy one get one free" smoothie


1 comment:

  1. Okay, so let's pretend the entire part of yesterday's conversation about where one finds the time to write did not happen.

    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease make FTD Daily a reality.

    Also, I feel that is this scene had a soundtrack it would've started with "If you like pina coladas ..." and ended with you high-tailing it out of there to "Don'tcha wish yo' girlfriend was hot like me..."

    ReplyDelete