background

Monday, September 24

Trading Sunsets for Sunrises

For the loyal readers of Coastal BS that might not yet know, I have moved from beautiful San Diego, CA to historic Cambridge, MA to attend graduate school at Harvard Kennedy School of Government. The family spent a great week in San Diego for our collective "sendoff" to that great city, which LDL has faithfully reported on. It was great to be together and see P and L enjoy some new territory.

Those who know me well know I do not enjoy packing or being in between places. I've traveled a lot so you'd thing I get over that, but alas, I have not. A 3500 mile trip in a car across the country arriving just a few days before orientation did not make me happy. But CMD graciously "volunteered" to ride shotgun with me across the American West (and mid-west, and great lakes, and northeast) which he comically and form-fittingly blogged about earlier. We made the best of it as you have read.

I've been here for about a month, experienced orientation and two full weeks of classes. I will send up another report about school shortly, but for now suffice to say everything is going very well, I am learning my new city, and I have met some people very enjoyable to be around.

Oh, and I'm still not unpacked.


No comments:

Post a Comment