background

Tuesday, April 24

Long Time Coming

It has been so long since I last posted, that I am struggling to come up with what to tell you...

I moved into a new place, which is actually pretty awesome.  Lots of windows and such.  Really the best part though is how much cheaper it is than the previous place.  It was a great place, but really was much more than we needed.  In potentially interesting news, this continues a streak of not living at one address for a year since high school nearly 10 years ago.  Writing this, I feel like I have written it before, so, sorry for the repeat, that'll be the end of that.

I continue to meet new people, some in the industry, some not.  It is obviously a good thing to meet people who are in the same business and who you get along with etc, but in a strange way it can be a little soul crushing. hahaha.  I mean, not really.  But kinda.  Being the new kid on the block, it clearly is normal to be the, how do you say, least successful.  There really is only one way to change that.  And sitting around thinking about how you haven't done anything since moving clear across the country certainly isn't it.  Nice little pep talk, right?  Anyway, a while ago RBD3 introduced me to his roommate's brother who makes commercials that he then tries to sell.  We have met on a few occasions, and got along well, so for his next project, he asked me to be a part of it.

Even though it was just a little commercial, that is one of 75 in competition to be bought, meaning very few people will see it and the chance of getting any money from it is really quite small, it just felt good to be in front of the camera again.  To be able to say, yeah, I can't, I'll be shooting that day.  Real good.  I have also had some people take a look at some footage from a project I did a while back, and got some good feedback with some constructive criticism that I needed some stuff that showed more range.  So I reached out to some people about trying to create some projects, you know, being proactive and all.  I've gotten some positive responses, two people asking me if I wanted to be in shorts they were working on.  Also, a casting associate I took a workshop with got back with me (I had asked him about filming some stuff too) saying to shoot him any ideas, and to be ready to start shooting some stuff in the near future.  Now, nothing has happened yet, so who knows if it actually will, but nobody said, 'no way, get away from me' so I took that as a positive.

At some point, I'm sure I've told you about the casting websites where you submit yourself for auditions.  Well, I do that on a daily basis and have had a number of auditions through the sites.  But never a callback. Until last night! boo-yah. Great timing.  Really helped turn a frown upside down.  First callback since being out here, so, success.  I have detailed 'levels of rejection' before so I won't go into it again.  But, this is success.  For now.  Of course when I go to the callback tomorrow and don't get it, the level of disappointment will be the same. But again, for now, success.

No comments:

Post a Comment