background

Saturday, September 24

Strawberry Wine

CMD is West side now!! I'm going to pretend like he was really anxious to see me and hang out in San Francisco and the fact that he got a free TV out of the deal was just a bonus. I think he might be the first to tell you that the driving distance between LA and SF is no small feat. Especially when you feel like you just ripped out your undercarriage on I-5.

Little brother rolled into town around 8:30, but was unable to find a place to park his car until about 9:00. Such is the life of a street parker in the city. I knew he was going to have trouble, so started combing the blocks myself and ended up standing in a free space to save it while he rounded the block. I know, I'm so helpful. I tried to pretend like I was all ready to paint the town, stay out all night, just party like crazy. We went to dinner at Roam, which was delicious as always. The Giants were playing that night, so the neighborhood was hopping with fans and "fans". Thankfully, CMD was just as tired as I was and we walked straight home to bed. He's a trouper for managing the pull-out sofa.

Our main activity was an idea provided by my friend LBT call "Sip and cycle". I, of course, immediately associated this with a "sip & see" which really is just a party for ladies to come ooh and ahh over a baby (We have a new one of those too!!). CMD, LBT, and I had a fabulous time on our bicycles in the great outdoors as we rode the hills through Sonoma County tasting some wine along the way. I have to admit, I was thankful to be on bikes, as I discovered that wine "tasting" isn't really my style.

The trip got off to an interesting start, as I barely missed a giant hole in the road and accidentally went off roading for a few cycles. Little brother stopped to make sure I was okay after he finished laughing. First stop was Everet Ridge Winery, where they paired their tastings with cheese puffs. Stale cheese puffs. They must have been trying to draw your attention to the wine? It was a long tasting - 6 glasses. Thank goodness we made the decision to share. LBT shared some hilarious stories, we tried to ignore the bizarre server, and CMD took the required thumbs up picture. Not too shabby.

 CMD and I rounded out our visit with some beverages, oysters, fish tacos, and lobster rolls. Definitely an interesting dining experience. Water spilled everywhere and they kept borrowing our napkins. Initially, our oysters were being brought to us one at a time. The keg hadn't been tapped properly and we waiting forever for beer. I swear the waitress was flirting with CMD, but decided not to mention it to him. You know, in case he's sensitive about that stuff. Visits with the siblings are always entertaining events. More on that to come. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment