background

Sunday, May 15

Rainy Days and Mondays

Today was the 100th running of Bay to Breakers. Don't be fooled by the legit runners featured on the home page. While Kenyans probably won the race (haven't checked yet), mostly the news around here centers on the lack of port-o-potties, insane costumes and people that insist on urinating in other people's yards or vomiting in the street. I thought about going for approximately two-nanoseconds. Crowds and costumes and drunkards just cause my anxiety to go through the roof. Also, I must be getting old because a very long evening on Friday (complete with being a spectator for a bar fight and a scavenger hunt) apparently wiped out my energy for the rest of the weekend. Awesome.



Instead, I met a friend for a phenomenal brunch at a place called Toast. The MUNI bus driver on the way there decided to abandon his route before it was finished, which was a little odd but it let me walk an extra block before devouring a few bloody Marys and some awesome eggs Florentine. Apparently I have no ability to order stuff from the healthier portion of the menu. Following brunch, we enjoyed a pleasant, windy walk to Sundance Cinemas to see Bridesmaids. Hilarious. Seriously - go see this movie.




This weekend was also my first adventure into Marin County. I met a friend with a plan to hike to the ocean on the Tennessee Mill Valley trail but had to change routes last minute due to a ban on pets on that particular trail. What's the point of heading out on a hike if I can't take Pax with me? Still, we ended up hiking a pretty awesome and strenuous 3mile loop. The views around here are just amazing. I'm going to make a point to head over to Marin more often.


Did I mention that after taking Pax to the park on Sunday afternoon I saw Pac-Man, Superman, 80's dance crew and a man in a unitard? Yep - just another day along the Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment