background

Sunday, September 15

Hello, all.  I'm sure you thought that I had gone missing.  I didn't.  I'm still here, just silently so. Well, no longer.  It has been a few months since I last updated you, and not too much has changed. Kinda.

I did move into a new apartment, because I'm trying to keep this streak alive of moving every 12 months or less I've had going since 2003.  While I very much liked my apartment in Hollywood, my roommate decided to head back to NYC, so that left me a little bit in limbo.  Also, the commute was killing me.  It was about an hour and a half in, and about an hour back.  The morning commute wasn't that bad, because it kinda got you ready for the day.  The evening commute was brutal.  When you are headed home, you just want to be home.

So, I moved to the west side.  I'm now a little over a mile from the office and I can ride my bike there in almost no time.  Well, I could, until it was stolen.  So now I switch back and forth from walking and driving. It's pretty great.  I like the apartment, though it is probably a little bigger and expensive than I need/can afford.  I'm sure I'll get a huge raise soon. (I'm not sure about that).

Work is going well. I'm sure you all have heard of, and have signed up for Tapiture by now. We are gaining more traction and are seeing our revenue increase each month.  We are actively trying to grow the team, which is exciting. We just hired an office manager; she starts tomorrow.  In addition to her, we are looking for a Buyer, a Director of Marketing, and 2-3 more engineers/developers.  I sit in on most of these interviews, and it is always interesting to hear how much stuff I have no idea about.  That's not a joke. I am interested by the fact these people are so well versed in something I don't have the faintest idea about.  I should have paid more attention in C++ at Edgewater. Seriously.  People use that. A lot.

Oh yeah, I was recently made Operations Manager so that's cool.  I got new cards and everything.

In non-work news, I decided to drive across the country again, since apparently that's something I do yearly now.  My girlfriend (casually slip that in there) moved to Austin, TX along with the rest of Resignation Media.  We drove to Austin, hung out there for a few days, then drove to Pensacola.  I thought it would be a great time to have her meet the entire family.  (I didn't really think that, but it was going to happen, so whatever).  She seemed to do alright, and we dominated the Octo-olympics that were going on (maybe we did, maybe we didn't, but we kinda did).  It's always good to get back to the beach, and it's fun to play with Peter Man and Goose, so it was well worth the drive.

Since getting back from the beach, I've just been getting back in the groove of things.  Working a lot, but that isn't a bad thing. It takes a lot of work to take over the internet, which we are obviously doing.

Ok, I think that's it for now.  I'm making a mushroom risotto tonight, which I'm hoping will be amazing.  Oh, and Breaking Bad is on tonight. So, it's going to be a good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment